Created by Legacy Games, Crayola has released a new app for kids to enjoy. Crayola DJ is an app that allows kids, ages 6-10 (according to the press release), to be DJs using touch controls. Players will be able to crossfade, mix, tempo-slide, and scratch to their heart’s content. There are five different styles of music, distributed over the near 100 exclusive tracks, that range from Hip Hop, to Pop, to Dance, and more.
The music is also color coded, so a lightshow happens while the mixing goes on. Players will be able to “perform” before an audience that is responsive to how well mixing and scratching is done “one the fly”, Competition can be found in two player mode, where players compete for the adoration of the crowd.
Crayola DJ Features:
– Almost 100 exclusive loops created by professional DJs make you always sound good
– Different musical genres and instrument types ensure endless variety in your mixes
– Crayola DJ makes music production and mixing easy, no matter your age or musical experience
– Mix multiple tracks simultaneously for professional sounding mixes
– Use real DJ tools such as crossfaders, sound effects, tempo slider, and more
– Earn points while performing and scratching for a cool dance party
– Your music performance creates a unique and personalized color and light show that reacts to you
– Compete for the love of the audience with a friend in 2 Player mode
– Save your music creations and play them for friends and family
Crayola DJ is available from Google Play for $4.99. You can check this out in action via the trailer below before jumping over to Google Play to buy it. The app’s page on Google Play includes links to tutorials on Youtube for making music with each of the five genres that are included.