Blizzard last week announced the next big update that will be coming to Hearthstone next month called The Grand Tournament. They also announced that there would be a pre-order available for folks wanting to grab a bunch of Grand Tournament boost packs now, and have them ready to open when the expansion arrives.
Today an update arrived for Hearthstone that doesn’t bring a whole lot with it except for one fairly important item, and that is the pre-order for the Grand Tournament. Players can now pre-order a 50 pack bundle of Grand Tournament booster packs for a single price. Doing so will also unlock an exclusive card back which is only available to people who pre-ordered. Even though the packs won’t be available to open until the Grand Tournament arrives, the exclusive card back will be useable immediately.
Changelog for Version 2.8.9554:
– Pre-purchase “The Grand Tournament”: Starting late July, you can pre-purchase “The Grand Tournament” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. The Grand Tournament packs can be opened in August when the expansion releases but the card back is available immediately!
– The following card backs have been added: Darkspear – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
– Improvements have been made to Spectator Mode which include resolving the issue that could cause a card with a “Choose One” option to become stuck on screen
– Fixed an issue with Rexxar’s golden hero portrait animation
– [Android] You can once again change your favorite card back
– [Android] Android OS 5.0.X (Lollipop) users will now automatically import the Battle.net Authenticator code when logging in
– [iOS] The game will no longer freeze on the splash screen after being away for a while
– [iOS] You can once again search for cards that contain diacritics without specifying their proper marks
– [Mobile] Fixed an issue with volume sliders
– [Mobile] You will no longer get stuck on the matchmaking screen after a Tavern Brawl with a friend ends
– Various audio, graphical, and UI issues have been resolved
There are also some important bug fixes for the mobile version of Hearthstone as well with this update. So be sure to download the update even if you are not planning to pre-order Grand Tournament boost packs. If you are going to pre-order, it will cost you $49.99.
Official Website: Hearthstone Blog