Developed by Bitmap Brothers, Z Steel Soldiers is an RTS game now out for Android; heretofore, the game had been in a beta phase for non-Tegra based devices, and fully available for folks with a Tegra-based device. Quite a few non-Tegra users have been waiting for this game, so now you can play it.
Picking up where the other Z games left off, players are looking to join up with Zod’s rebellious army, to set out and destroy their mechanized, would be oppressors. The game is set to include 9 types of units, and 30 different levels, found on over a half dozen worlds, as well as a non-linear plot. On the hardware side, the game boasts optimized support for both Bluetooth controllers, as well as Bluetooth or USB keyboard and mouse setups.
Z: Steel Soldiers Features:
– 30 Distinct, lush levels spread across six unique worlds.
– Air, ground and sea units ranging from WW2 based vehicles through to modern jet fighters.
– Significantly enhanced 3D Graphics packed full of scalable features such as reflections and particle systems providing intense and rich landscapes.
– Real-time environment forces, both local and world forces affect the environment to such detail that even plumes of smoke are split as helicopters come soaring through.
– 9 different robots each with unique abilities.
– Revolutionary fast-resource style gameplay; The more territories you take, the larger the resource ‘flag’ in that territory and the faster and more you can build; leaving you to deal with the real objective – all-out warfare!
– Our most advanced AI yet
If you own a Tegra-based device now and plan on getting this game, here’s what you can expect to find in the way of enhancements for Tegra devices: a Battle Cam, specular highlights on water, more detailed shadows, light blooms, even more spectacular explosions, and more details on buildings and vehicles.
Z: Steel Soldiers is available from Google Play for a flat fee of $6.99 with no additional IAPs or anything like that. You can check out the game in action via the trailer below.