Sega’s and Sports Interactive’s popular football management series of games called Football Manager will be getting a new addition this November. Appropriately named Football Manager 2016, this new addition to the franchise will bring with it a few new features, while expanding on a lot of the currently existing ones as well. However, how it all will be released will be completely different than what you are used to.
There is actually one big change happening with the franchise as a whole on mobile. This release will actually comprise of two separate games: Football Manager Mobile and Football Manager Touch. It might seem a little confusing at first, but here is how it will all break down. Football Manager Touch used to be a ‘quick play’ feature from within Football Manager Classic, but will now be a separate release/download simply known as Football Manager Touch. Football Manager Handheld will now be known as Football Manager Mobile from this release on. There will also be the standard Football Manager 2016 released but only for PC/Mac. So in total there are three downloads that will be available, but only two of those will be for mobile devices.
For some time now it’s been clear to us that there is no ‘one size fits all’ football management experience. While a huge number of our fans have the time and dedication required to devote themselves to the ‘full’ simulation, there’s an equally-large number who prefer a more streamlined option. Not only that, but the widespread availability of mobile devices means that people are playing in different ways. The introduction of Football Manager Touch as a standalone offering – playable across computer and tablet – means that we now offer something for everyone. – Sports Interactive gaffer Miles Jacobson
Football Manager Touch 2016 Features:
· Cross-Save: All versions of Football Manager Touch 2016 ARE ‘cross-save compatible’ with one another, so careers started on a tablet can be saved to the cloud and continued on computer (and vice versa).
· Matchday Experience: Football Manager Touch 2016 offers enhanced tactical options, including set-piece planning and opposition instructions – all of which play out in the acclaimed Football Manager 3D match engine.
· Create-A-Club Mode: Add your own club to the game using the ‘Create-A-Club’ option. Name your club, choose your colours and edit your squad to your heart’s content – even adding yourself and a friend.
Football Manager Mobile 2016 Features:
· Enhanced Tactics: Take greater control of your squad with the introduction of new tactical instructions. You can choose where your team concentrates its passing, as well as selecting your main attacking threat and creative outlet – and even advise your goalkeeper on distribution.
· Coaching Staff: Prepare your squad for match days better than ever before with the addition of coaches, providing your team with focused training to prepare for their next big fixture.
· Management Style: The introduction of gold, silver and bronze coaching badges allows you to define your own management style. Will you concentrate on improving your defence or attack, or focus on morale and man management? Your decision will influence your team’s style.
Football Manager Touch will be released for PC as well as high-end Android tablets. Football Manager Mobile will be released for mobile devices in general (both Android and iOS). Unfortunately there is no exact release date that has been announced for any of the versions revealed, only that they all will be coming some time in mid-November. We will post an update once more details are released.
Official Website: Football Manager