MMA Manager is a new management sim game heading to Android soon. Developed by Bit by Bit Games, this game takes a little inspiration from another Android management game called Motorsport Manager, which has done quite well for itself actually. In fact the developer of Motorsport Manager gave Bit by Bit Games a little advice when making their game. This is a good thing.
Update: Sept. 16th, 2015 11:22am PST: MMA Manager is now available for download off of Google Play. It was originally set to land on Android on Monday, but was pushed to today instead. Grabbing a copy of MMA Manager will cost $1.99 and can be done through the new link at the bottom of this article.
Update: Sept. 11th, 2015 12:11pm PST: Just a quick update with the official pricing for MMA Manager as well as a release date. Right now the developers are tentatively looking at Monday, Sept. 14th, as their release date for MMA Manager. As for pricing, the game will cost $1.99 US/$2.49 CAN/£1.99 GBP.
As you are probably guessing by now, MMA Manager lets you manage MMA fighters, complete with all the management features you would expect to find in this type of game. This also means you have plenty of responsibilities in MMA Manager including upgrading premises, buying equipment, managing income/outgoings, recruitment, training, and so on. On top of all of those activities, players will also have to manage the fights as well, including being a part of different fight leagues.
MMA Manager Features:
– Deep simulation, with almost a thousand procedurally generated fighters and 10 different fight leagues
– Exciting Fight simulation that plays out quickly and is deeply affected by player planning, training and in-fight decisions
– If you like other streamlined mobile sims like Motorsport Manager or New Star Soccer, you’re highly like to enjoy this.
– No prior MMA knowledge needed. It does help, but it’s not 100% necessary. There’s a short (~5 minutes) tutorial that covers the basics and every screen that has something complicated on it has a help screen that’s always accessible. It’s an addictive management game first, an MMA game second.
– Saying that, there’s a LOT of MMA fan in-jokes and references, so MMA fans can get even more out of it.
– High replayability, the procedural generation and systemic fights mean that playthroughs will never play out the same way twice. If your gym is struggling because of early mistakes, it’s trivial to restart with whole new fighters, coaches and opponents. Alternatively, you can take out a loan or acquire in-game money via social investments.
For those of you who enjoy a little background information on developers, Bit by Bit Games is a 2-man group of veterans from the gaming industry, having worked on Black & White 2, The Movies, Fable 2 and Fable 3 (Xbox 360 & PC) for Lionhead Studios. Then the 2-man team (Kieran Nee & Matthew Hanlon) formed Bit by Bit Games, made a few iOS titles, and now MMA Manager for Android and iOS.
For those of you interested in MMA Manager, you’ll be able to snag a copy of this game from Google Play next week, although no specific day was mentioned. Same goes for pricing. However, we will be checking this game out ahead of release, so we will post an update with that and other information in the very near future. You can check out the official trailer below in the meantime.
Official Website: MMA Manager