Fans of Tin Man Games and Warhammer 40K have been waiting for the release of Tin Man Games series of gamebooks based in the Warhammer 40K universe since it was announced back in August of this year. Well the first book in the series has finally arrived onto Android and is called Herald of Oblivion.
For those of you who missed our previous article about this series, there will be a total of three books released. Just like previous releases from Tin Man Games, this Warhammer 40K series will come with all the features you would expect to find from them (character sheets, interactive inventory, etc), as well as some new ones. For instances, the entire look of the book is themed around the Imperial Cogitator terminal.
Herald of Oblivion Features:
– Transform your phone, tablet or computer into an Imperial Cogitator!
– Holographic combat simulator brings the player face-to-face with the myriad of lifeforms on the space hulk!
– Advance or retreat! Fire weapons from a distance, or move in for close combat.
– Encounter Orks, Tyranids, Dark Eldar, Necrons and more as you explore the Herald of Oblivion.
– Access the Xenos Archive to keep track of monstrous creatures you destroy.
Another change you will find in this release that differs from previous Tin Man Games titles is that instead of dice that are usually used in combat have been replaced with first-person brawls instead, giving players a bit more of a tactical type of combat. The goal in this game is to fight your way past aliens and other enemies as you attempt to save yourself from being trapped on the ship you’re on, which is called the Herald of Oblivion.
For those of you wanting to grab a copy of this gamebook, you can now do so off of Google Play for $4.99. The next installment into this trilogy will be arriving in early 2016 and is called Pits of Commorragh.