We’ve covered this game a few times in the past already during its development and beta stages. We’ve been also playing it since the first beta. Now everyone is able to play Spacetime Studios’ new mobile MOBA game Call of Champions as it is now officially available to everyone on Android.
For those of you who missed our previous coverage, Call of Champions is a new style of MOBA game built from the ground-up by Spacetime Studios. Some notable differences include no minions, all skills available immediately, only one defensive tower, and two lane maps. With how this game is set up, it is all about getting as much action in as you can within the 5 minute time limit. The goal is still the same though as with most MOBAs, which is destroy your opponents base. If that isn’t accomplished within the time limits, then the team with the most kills wins the match instead.
Call of Champions Features:
– Compete around the world in lightning fast strategic five-minute matches.
– Receive a FREE Champion in your first week of play ($4.00 USD value).
– Unlock and command over 15 Champions spanning five iconic classes and eight unique Realms.
– Push the “Orb of Death” on a track in a thrilling tug-of-war to take down towers. No waiting on minions.
– Grab power-ups for yourself or fight for board control to share power-ups with your team. No item shop required.
– Customize your Champion to suit your playstyle through a novel Talent Tree.
– Watch friends and pros duke it out in Spectator Mode. Follow players, Pause, and Instant Replay.
– Never lose a game to drops. A.I. instantly fills in for players who need to take a call or reply to a text.
The Orb of Death is used as a damage absorbing tactic. You will need to be pushing the orb down the lane and use it to absorb a lot of the damage the defensive tower puts out. Without it, the tower is very hard to destroy. There are a total of 15 champions available right now but once they are all in the game, there will be a total of 50 to choose from. There is a lot of strategy and details with this game, more than we can go over with a single article. We already have some guide in the works as well.
If you’re a fan of MOBA games on Android, then you’ll want to check this one out as well. There is a full suite of eSports tools as well for broadcasters to use with fast-forward, rewind, zoom, replay etc etc. So don’t be surprised if this gets on the same level as Vainglory in terms of actual eSports happening. We have some tournament in the works also. Call of Champions can be downloaded off of Google Play for free. Expect a full review to land shortly.