One game that a lot of people wished they were a part of the beta for is Supercell’s newest game called Clash Royale. If you missed our previous coverage of this game, it is basically a mix of MOBA gamepay with TCG mechanics to form a pretty unique blend of gameplay which becomes very addictive.
UPDATE: Wednesday, March 2nd – 12:08 AM – PST: The highly anticipated new game from Supercell is now live in the Google Play Store. Clash Royale with its interesting game play mechanics and quick game play is available to download for free in the Play Store. There are of course, optional in-app purchases. Once you get into the game, let us know what you think about it in the posts. The link to download the game can be found at the end of this article.
Essentially, each player has three towers that they need to protect from their opponent, while trying to push their own troop into their opponents side of the playing field to destroy their towers. However, if you destroy your opponents king, it is an instant win. The TCG part of everything comes in the form of a deck that you build with the cards you have. Each card represents a type of troop you can send out in combat.
Clash Royale Features:
– Earn chests to unlock rewards, collect powerful new cards and upgrade existing ones
– Destroy opponent’s towers and win Crowns to earn epic Crown chests
– Build and upgrade your card collection with the Clash Royale Family along with dozens of your favorite Clash troops, spells and defenses
– Construct your ultimate Battle Deck to defeat your opponents
– Progress through multiple Arenas all the way to the top
– Form a Clan to share cards and build your very own battle community
– Challenge your Clanmates and friends to a private duel
– Learn different battle tactics by watching the best duels on TV Royale
Clash Royale has been in beta testing for a little over a month now, and has seen some interesting improvements coming from that testing phase. Supercell must be happy with where the game is at because in a new teaser trailer, the company has announced that the game will be seeing a global launch on Android and iOS this March 2016. Pricing will, of course, be free-to-play with optional IAPs being available. We will post an update once we have an exact launch date.
Official Website: Clash Royale