Animoca has released their new Rhythm-based game onto Android today called Groove Planet. This isn’t your typical music game through, where you just have to worry about tapping along to a particular beat. With this game you’re actually developing a planet through the use of the game’s music.
Players will become mayor of a planet crafted around music, and will be tapping along to a beat of any particular song in the game in order to develop your planet more. As you progress through this game, earning Notes through the process, these Notes will then be used to create various types of buildings on your planet. In turn this will increase your planet’s population. So it is sort of like Sim City meets Guitar Hero in some ways.
Groove Planet Features:
– Tap along with the rhythm of your favorite song to earn heaps of Notes
– Use Notes to create majestic new building, expand your dance loving population, and earn more profit
– Uses Jamn Player’s chord recognition technology to detect Chords and Keys of your songs.
– Invited the most popular indie artists to play their trending tracks
– This means you can use your own song, and tap along to the rhythm of it
– Tons of awesome characters to unlock and even more to come
– Compete and compare scores with others on the Leaderboards
– Save any time, play on any device, and back up your game progress
While this game does come with its own set of music tracks that you can play the game to, you can also use your own music on your device instead. So you’re not locked down to one music style or songs you may not actually like. Groove Planet is available for download off of Google Play for free with optional IAPs as well.