Vector Unit, which started off as a two-man team making epic racing games, has revealed that the newest addition to their Riptide GP franchise today, called Riptide GP: Renegades, is almost ready for launch. Following in the footsteps of its predecessors, this new Riptide GP game is all about racing on ultra-realistic water with incredibly fast jetskis.
However, unlike its older brethren, Riptide GP: Renegades has a lot more action-based gameplay to it, with players needing to do things like outrun cops in some stages. Of course you will still be able to break out all the big stunts you can do while flying through the air after giving yourself a speed boost right before hitting a ramp. While there is a bigger Career Mode than previous games, players will also have both split-screen local multiplayer, as well as online multiplayer to partake in.
Riptide GP: Renegades Features:
– Next Gen Water Racing: Vector Unit’s first game since Hydro Thunder Hurricane to be designed from the ground up for modern consoles, RGP:R sets the bar for dynamic water racing, with breathtaking dynamic water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more!
– Thrill-Ride Environments: Evade police boats and drones while you blast through vast interactive race environments packed with interactive elements, secret shortcuts, and animated obstacles.
– Deep Career Mode: Battle your way through a variety of race types and boss fights to reach the top of the underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn XP and cash to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider’s performance.
– Online and Split Screen Multiplayer: Compete online against the best players around the world – or against your pals in split screen local multiplayer matches (with a mix of human and AI racers).
– 1080p / 60fps: Silky smooth, blisteringly fast racing action – even in split screen!
Riptide GP: Renegades also will come with a lot more customization than previous titles in the series. Players will be able to upgrade stats of their favorite jetski while customizing the colors, decals, numbers, and more, all of which can be done from the money you win from races. Vector Unit even put this little nugget of information out there which possibly implies a lot of cool stuff: [Players can collect a] garage full of blistering fast hydro jets that transform while you ride them. The transforming part has me personally intrigued.
For those of you looking to snap up a copy of Riptide GP: Renegades, you don’t have much of a wait left ahead of you, since Vector Unit is stating that it’ll be finally arriving on all platforms this Spring 2016. In the meantime, you can check out more screenshots and its new trailer below.
Developer Website: Vector Unit