Released by OhNoo Studio, Tormentum – Dark Sorrow is a gloomy point-and-click adventure game that’s just been released onto Android. We have previously written on their crowd funding for this game. Set in a nightmarish world with visuals inspired by the artwork of H.R. Giger and Zdzisław Beksiński, players will be assuming the role of an unnamed protagonist, who awakens inside a cage (similar to what would house a parakeet), chained to a flying machine.
This is along with another companion who is as much rat as human, that is flying them both to a castle to stand trial for their crimes. Your crimes, as the protagonist, are yet unknown, let alone the veracity of the charges. To compound matters, you have no memory save for a single, blurred image of a statue depicting hands that are enveloping a woman. Thus, your journey begins.
▪ The Game World: 3 realms, differing in architecture and creatures inhabiting them. You’ll meet characters with unique personalities who will help or hinder you.
▪ Art: 75 hand-painted stages. The game also features over a hundred additional screens and more
▪ Puzzles: During your journey you will come against 24 varied logical puzzles and mini-games.
▪ Story: A dark adventure between dream and reality.
▪ Music: Exceptional soundtrack with over 40 tracks.
▪ Moreover: Moral choices which will affect the game’s ending.
Tormentum – Dark Sorrow features a nightmarish setting, with everything being dark and depressing, whether it be the hand-painted visuals as mentioned before, or the soundtrack. The game is also chock full of moral quandaries, where the life or death of various creatures will be determined by the player. The game is broken up into three different countries that will contain 80 different locations. In terms on content length, Tormentum should take four to six hours to complete, and contains some two dozen different puzzles and/or mini-games as well.
For those of you interested in snapping up a copy of this game, Tormentum – Dark Sorrow is currently available for a flat $4.99, though this is just the sale price in celebration of the game’s launch. After this period ends, it’ll jump up to $6.99.
Previous Article: Tormentum Arrives for Android Soon