The folks who built DotEmu eventually sold that company off back in 2014 and have since started a new company called Playdigious. This new company has already released a few titles onto Android including Stardunk, Evoland, and a few others. Their newest game is called Take Cover and it has just entered into a closed beta testing phase with sign-ups for it going live.
Take Cover is a strategy game that focuses more towards the mid/hardcore mobile game player. You will need to build up your base, research new technology, recruit your army of soldiers, and go out into the field to take on, and hopefully beat, the evil Corporation who has sent out their own ‘soldiers’. When you’re ready to face these enemies in combat, you’ll need to deploy your troops “with the right cover at the right time”.
Take Cover Features:
• Experience a new kind of action strategy that will push your skills to the limit
• Fast-paced, action-packed combat where you directly control your troops
• Build and expand your base and unlock new and exciting buildings, units, and abilities
• Fight your way through an unforgiving jungle in a single-player campaign
• Battle other players, outsmart their defenses, and prove you’re the best
• Various combinations of troops, covers, and abilities. Create an unbeatable Special Forces Squad
You will be able to either run through the single-player campaign, following the storyline, or jump into multiplayer and battle it out with other players. Either way, you will need to build defenses to keep your base secure and figure out the best way to deploy troops, less they be killed a lot faster than anticipated.
If you’re interested in trying to get into this closed beta, you can head over to the official sign-up page. The closed beta sign-ups are open to anyone in Europe and North America on Android. Not everyone will get in though. In the meantime, you can check out the game’s teaser trailer below.
Official Website: Take Cover (Closed Beta Sign-ups)