Good Games and Oxon Game Studio have announced that their real-time strategy science-fiction based game Galaxy Reavers is headed to Android this month. Impressive visuals, a lengthy campaign and tactical-strategy are at the forefront of a game that is a welcome addition to the real-time strategy genre.
If you are unfamiliar with Good Games and Oxon Game Studio, they have released other mobile games such as: The World II Hunting Boss, Future War: Reborn and Iron Mission. The World II Hunting Boss is the only game currently available in the Google Play Store. That will change later this month, when Galaxy Reavers arrives on Android devices July 22nd. If you have played games from FishLabs/Deep Silver like Galaxy on Fire 2 and Galaxy On Fire – Alliances, or are waiting for the soon to be released Galaxy on fire 3 – Manticore, Galaxy Reavers should make the wait easier.
“Develop your real-time strategy in one moment, and command naval forces at your fingertips. Galaxy Reavers presents you magnificent 3D graphics as well as real-time strategy with special hand-operated systems. A split-second decision matters in this galactic war. In Galaxy Reavers, you will take direct control of the cutting-edge warships to fight against enemies, build up and customize your own equipment pool, and arrange your super fleets.” – Good Games/Oxon Game Studio
The scale of the battles that you will be involved in with Galaxy Reavers looks interesting. The game mechanic involving hand-operated systems is intriguing. It will interesting to see how all of this pans out. As a fan of the classic real-time strategy PC game Homeworld, I have been eager to play something on mobile devices that would come close to that level of immersion. It looks as if you will be directing the battle in Galaxy Reavers, as well as managing the fleet to send into battle. The visuals definitely look promising. We only have a few weeks until we see how the game plays.
Galaxy Reavers Features:
- Warships: There are 7 types of gorgeous warships to choose from. Each ship has different characteristics with different traveling speeds and attack modes. How to use those characteristics and key points during the battle will be the key to victory.
- Hand-operated System: The control system allows you to organize your warships’ routes and control firing by directional sliding with your fingertips. Combat operations are easy to implement.
- Equipment System: Players put their preferred equipment, according to their gameplay strategy in the warships’ equipment pool with limited slots.
- Featured RTS gameplay with pre-deployment
- Unlimited perspective to view gorgeous 3D space field
- High-end 3D graphics and realistic sound effects
Galaxy Reavers will be a free-to-play game with optional in-app purchases. The game has already been released on iOS. To celebrate the game coming to Android, Good Games is having a celebration event where those interested in playing the Android version could win different prizes. Instructions for the contest can be found on their Facebook page.
We are looking forward to playing Galaxy Reavers. Once the game has been released in the Google Play Store, we will update this article with the link. While you wait for release day, check out the trailer for the game. Don’t forget to swing by Good Games Facebook page to check out information on how to get involved in the contest to win in-game prizes for Galaxy Reavers.
Official Website: Galaxy Reavers/a>