Vector Unit has finally announced a release date for the upcoming addition to the Riptide GP franchise. Officially titled Riptide GP: Renegades, this particular title will actually have a slightly staggered release, with the Nvidia Shield Android TV version coming out first, and then the general Android version following shortly afterwards.
For those of you not familiar with this game, or the franchise itself, Riptide GP is a jetski racing game with stunts that has been very popular on mobile devices since its initial release. It also has been right there at the forefront of adding new types of effects and visuals, such as water spraying up on your screen. This franchise features both single-player and multiplayer game modes, and a number of different racers and jetskis, all with their own stats.
Riptide GP: Renegade is the newest addition to this franchise, but unlike the previous releases, this one will have a lot more action-based gameplay. Players will need to do things like outrun cops in some stages. You will still be able to break out all the big stunts you can do while flying through the air after giving yourself a speed boost right before hitting a ramp. There is also a bigger Career Mode than in previous games. Lastly, players will also have both split-screen local multiplayer, as well as online multiplayer to partake in.
Riptide GP: Renegade Features:
– Next Gen Water Racing: Vector Unit’s first game since Hydro Thunder Hurricane to be designed from the ground up for modern consoles, RGP:R sets the bar for dynamic water racing, with breathtaking dynamic water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more!
– Thrill-Ride Environments: Evade police boats and drones while you blast through vast interactive race environments packed with interactive elements, secret shortcuts, and animated obstacles.
– Deep Career Mode: Battle your way through a variety of race types and boss fights to reach the top of the underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn XP and cash to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider’s performance.
– Online and Split Screen Multiplayer: Compete online against the best players around the world – or against your pals in split screen local multiplayer matches (with a mix of human and AI racers).
– 1080p / 60fps: Silky smooth, blisteringly fast racing action – even in split screen!
In terms of customization, there will be a lot more available than in previous titles. Using the money you win from races, players will be able to upgrade the stats of their favorite jetski while customizing the colors, decals, numbers, and more. Besides just making yourself look the way you want, it’ll also make you more visible in online multiplayer matches.
So when will this game be arriving? The Nvidia Shield Android TV version will be landing on August 2nd, 2016. The rest of the Android world will get Riptide GP: Renegade shortly after, although no specific date has been announced for that release. As for pricing, the Shield Android TV version will cost $9.99, with no word on the general Android version’s price either.
Developer Website: Vector Unit