Released by Halfgeek, Star Nomad 2 is a sandbox RPG that’s set in outer space. Star Nomad 2’s setting is one of a highly advanced humanity, that is also highly divided. People have attained the ability to sidestep mortality, by splicing alien genes into their own.
In this game, players will assume the role of a pilot, whose motives will depend on the role that players select. For example, should players choose to be a Pirate, the goal will be to collect glory, riches, and the tears of the merchants you’ve robbed, while electing the role of the Smuggler will be tasked with smuggling contraband for profit in a dynamic economy (impacted by things like conflict, trade, and piracy), with the Deep Space Miner out to harvest the resources of the cosmos. The game includes a variety of ships (corvettes, cruisers, drones, fighters, frigates, etc), and they can be outfitted with a plethora of weapons and modules. And just like the ships, pilots and their squads can be upgraded with skills as well.
Star Nomad 2 Features:
– Full HD PC top-down space combat & trader sim (space sim), refined with intuitive controls & UI for mobiles.
– Squad-RPG progression via skills, perks, ship upgrades & modules.
– Deep trade system with dynamic supply & demand, affected by events, piracy & conflict.
– Fluid real-time combat with tactical pause & a wide variety of weapons.
– Resource gathering & looting of combat kills.
– Dynamic factions will conquer & defend systems with fleet movements. Your actions, big or small, have a major effect on the tide of conquest!
– Random events offer opportunities and also ensure no two game plays out the same.
– Random encounters offer interesting side-quests or tough choices with major consequences.
– Many classes of ships, including Corvettes, Frigates, Cruisers, Capitals and Carriers!
– Clever enemies. Fast & agile ships will flank, large ships will broadside tank with their strong directional shields.
– Take part in epic fleet battles with Capital Ships battling among support ships & hordes of combat drones!
– Intelligent Squad AI, never be caught flying with stupid, ever.
– Challenging, non hand-holding, but fair Rogue-like gameplay.
Players will also be confronted with random events and encounters within the game. Combat is resolved in real-time, with enemy ships applying different tactics, such as smaller ships attempting to flank and larger ships using the classic broadside approach.
Star Nomad 2 is available from Google Play for a flat $7.99, and there are no IAPs included. The curious can check out the trailer to see more of the game in action.