The sequel to the award winning game, Banner Saga is now available to download in the Google Play Store. Everything that made the first game amazing and fully engaging has been enhanced and expanded upon in Banner Saga 2.
The story picks up after the defeat of Bellower by the rag tag band of human and varl, only to find out that the world was not set right in doing so. Instead the world is falling apart. Beyond the fact that it’s a continuation of the story, there are new characters and races being introduced into the game. Some of the additions include: Horseborn, which are a type of Centaur species.
At the start of the game, players will elect to play with the characters Rook or Alette, as the leader of the group. The chosen character will begin with pre-populated stats. Combat remains turn based, and shown in an isometric viewpoint, with the player order shown in the lower corner. As the player’s characters kill enemies, the characters are rewarded with an increase in their renown, which in turn is used to upgrade the character. Banner Saga 2 also retains its fantastic artistic visuals. As in the first game, players are looking to keep a caravan of diverse races alive, utilizing supplies as wisely as possible, trying to keep characters from permanently dying, and living with the consequences of choices made earlier in the game (however unpleasant they may be); time still passes in days.
The original game was one of the finest games produced. It was awarded for its unusual story, splendid art and sweeping musical score. It is pleasant to see that all of these elements and more, return to such a popular game. Are you ready to embark on another long journey with these beloved characters?
Banner Saga 2 game features:
- Hand-drawn visuals – Gorgeous 2D combat sequences, animations and effects
- The saga continues – Carry on your story and choices from The Banner Saga or jump into the adventure from scratch with pre-set character options.
- Viking mythology – A truly epic setting inspired by real Viking myths
- Tactical combat – Improved, turn-based battles demand precision and strategy
- RPG upgrades – Level up your characters’ stats and unlock devastating new moves
- Hard choices – Choose wisely in and out of battle as danger lurks around each corner
- Real consequences – Permanent loss of characters will weigh heavy on your mind
- New characters and a new race – New faces, including the new Horseborn race, join your epic journey
- Manage your caravan – Your role in building and managing your caravan is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization
- Evocative score – Soundtrack by Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
Banner Saga 2 is available from Google Play for $4.99, and also includes In App Purchasing. Those that are interested in checking out the trailer can hit it up below. We give a big thumbs up to the game publisher Versus Evil for having a dual release for Banner Saga 2. It was tough to wait on the first game following the iOS release. Now, no matter what device you choose, Banner Saga 2 is available for you.