Old school game fans have a new title to look forward to snapping up next month called Retro Winter Sports 1986. Currently under development by Bitfather, and will be published by Headup Games, Retro Winter Sports 1986 is a homage to the old school sports game from back in the day that were both fun and frustratingly challenging.
One of the games I used to play all the time was one that was themed around the Summer Olympics, sort of like Hyper Olympics from the early 80s. This one reminds me a lot of that old video game. In Retro Winter Sports 1986, players will be competing in different winter sports, of which there are a total of six. You have Ski Jump, Biathlon, Bobsled, Speed Skating, Curling, and Slalom.
Retro Winter Sports 1986 Features:
– Six winter sport events: Ski Jump, Biathlon, Bobsled, Speed Skating, Curling, Slalom
– Compete against friends (up to 8 players in hot seat mode) or the computer
– Unique controls perfectly fitted to mobile devices
– Choose between 12 different nations
– Leaderboards and achievements
– Handcrafted code by The Bitfather, the retro minds behind Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
You’ll be able to choose from one of twelve available countries that you want to represent before heading out to try and win the gold in any, or all, of the sports. Interestingly enough, you can compete against other players in a hot seat style of multiplayer mode. Of course there’s always computer opponents as well.
If you’re interested in snapping this game up when it arrives, it’ll be landing on Android sometime in December 2016, although a specific date hasn’t been announced as of yet. No word on pricing either. In the meantime, you can check out the game’s trailer below.