After this game was released on the Ouya early last year, Hero Generations is now available for all of Android, but under the new name of Hero Generations ReGen. This is a game that crosses roguelike elements with your typical 4X strategy. The gameplay is turn-based, with each turn taking one year’s time in the lift of your heroes. Each of the characters will age that year, and part of the game will include players attempting to marry off their characters, and leveling up their progeny.
Beyond this, players will be in charging of constructing buildings, determining the MO and fate of their characters (idealistic vs selfish, and so on), with these decisions creating boundaries for subsequent characters. See, each character will live until they perma-die, but the world continues for their descendants, with each one becoming the successive protagonist for players to control.
Hero Generations ReGen Features:
– Permadeath, Limited Life: Each move is one year of your hero’s life. With a limited lifespan, think carefully about how you spend the hero’s time. Feel free to explore the world for fame and fortune, but make sure to find a mate before it’s too late!
– Generations: Woo a mate and your family will have the child hero of the next generation. Choosing the right mate is key, as inheritable traits (special abilities) make your child more powerful and prepared.
– Six Strategic paths: guide your hero to greatness by pursuing Strength, Love, Exploration, Wealth, Fame, and Building.
– Build your world: Construct any of 19 legacy lasting buildings next to towns to give future generations useful resources, powerful new abilities, and attract better mates.
– Shape your culture: As you add more buildings, the town’s character and culture changes to reflect your choices. Watch the towns morph into a Ranch, Castle, Hospital, Port City, Dark Cathedral, and more!
– Expansive World: Each world is procedurally generated with towns, forests, ancient ruins, heroes, and more. Discover all 6 unique Biomes (Forest, Desert, Meadow, Island, Swamp, and Volcano)
– Simple Yet Deep: 4X Strategy on the individual level. Each turn is a meaningful choice, without the tedious micromanagement.
As stated before, the game is now available on Google Play. Prospective players can check out the trailer below, as well as additional screenshots, to see more of the gameplay in action. Hero Generations can be downloaded for a flat cost of $4.99, and the game lacks both ads and IAPs.