“In a time of gun and sword, the magical stone that maintains the balance of the world is stolen by high-tech aliens. The world is hanging on a thin thread. It all depends on you retrieving the magical stone…” That’s the description accompanying Chinese based developer, ChillyRoom’s new title, launched in an open beta on Google Play.
The rogue-like game, is touted as being the “best shooter game you will find on the mobile store thus far”, and as having easy controls and super smooth gameplay, with graphics inspired by the various retro themed titles that are released in abundance. It’s free to play, so expect IAPs – as is the norm with these kinds of titles.
Soul Knight Features:
– Unique heroes, with unique ability.
– 120 weapons waiting for you to explore.
– Randomly generated dungeon world, new experience every time.
– NPCs that actually matter! They will fight by your side!
– Auto-aim mechanism for super intuitive control.
– Many more features that you will find out in game.
As the game is still in a beta form, expect a few bugs here and there (it has already crashed on me twice when launching) but the game does work well for the most part.
As of writing, there was a build update which launched “badass mode” and the option to restore purchases. Keep an eye out for the official full release soon, though I’d recommend fans of the genre to check out the beta just to get a feel for the game.