Just over 80 new 2nd generation Pokemon, along with some other goodies, were datamined out of the game files once again and previewed to the public yesterday. However, just after news of that broke out, Niantic Labs pushed out an update making those 80 new Pokemon (from the Johto region) available for players.
However, the new Pokemon are not the only things showing up with the new update. Pokemon now have gender specific variations available, meaning you can catch both a male and female version of some of the Pokemon. Encounters with Pokemon, where you try to catch them, will be getting a bit easier thanks to the addition of two new types of berries to use on them to improve you capture chances.
Full Pokemon GO changelog:
- Over 80 additional Pokemon originally discovered in the Johto region can be caught.
- Gender-specific variations of select Pokemon can be caught.
- Added new encounter mechanics.
- Added Poke Ball and Berry selection carousels to the encounter screen.
- Added two new Berries.
- Added new avatar outfit and accessory options.
- Added new night-mode map and encounter music.
- Added bonus Candies for catching Evolved Pokemon.
- Implemented Apple Watch connection stability improvement.
- Various bug fixes.
- Minor text fixes.
For those of you with Pokemon GO already installed on your device, you can now download the new update and get to capturing a bunch of new Pokemon. You can also check out a preview for all of this with the trailer above.
Google Play: Pokemon GO