It was only last week that Xcom 2 Collection launched on the Play Store, and now there’s another Xcom game out in certain parts of the mobile wild. It’s fair to say that Xcom Legends looks like it’s taking a different tack to the other games in the series, though.
The game has soft-launched in selected countries around the world, and while it’s set in the Xcom universe, there’s a distinctly more mobile feel to proceedings than you’ll be getting from Xcom 2.
By the looks of things, the game is a squad-building, midcore turn-based battler. You’ll be building up a team from classic Xcom characters to take down the alien scourge.
Gotta Xcom them all?
Here’s the blurb about the game from its Google Play Store page, to give you some idea of what to expect.
XCOM LEGENDS FEATURES:
Immersive Story Campaign:
• Progress through Campaign Mode and battle waves of enemies to unlock the secrets behind the occupation
• Recruit new heroes to fight in PvP battles against those under alien control
• Progress through the game and unlock competitive PvP game modes, new daily challenges, and discover unique hero-specific War Stories
• Squad up with 5 heroes from your barracks and lead them into quick, turn-based battles.
• Strategy and tactics are key as you encounter new and increasingly powerful alien threats with each mission
• Manage resources and decide when and how to use each hero’s unique abilities to defeat alien forces and lead your squad to victory
Unlock Legendary Heroes
• Level up your human and alien allies with different skills and abilities and build your own dream squad
• You are the ultimate squad builder. Select heroes from different species, each with their own strengths and weaknesses that can determine the outcome of the battle.
• Upgrade your heroes after each victory with powerful mods to create the best battle squads for any enemy encounter.
• Raid enemy forces to collect rare weapons and items that give your heroes the edge in battle
• Base-building rewards and upgrades can be earned by researching advanced alien technology
• Unlock powerful heroes and weapons
It all sounds like a lot of other games we’ve seen on mobile over the past few years. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing, well that all depends on you really.
You can click here to see if you’re in one of the regions that can download Xcom Legends right now. And we’ll keep you updated as and when we hear more about the game.