Want to know a little about your prospective squad? Well, you’re in the right place. Our Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis characters guide gives you a bit of info about the roster you can expect.
Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis is an RPG that combines the stories of all the mighty Final Fantasy VII series into one package, presented in a modernized version of the original game’s style. You’ll get cute little sprites on the map, and bigger, more detailed ones in battle.
Check out the Google Play page for more info!
Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis Characters Guide
Here we’ll go over each of the characters in brief.
The last of the Cetra, this dubious title doesn’t give Aerith much status. In fact, it makes her a target for ShinRa’s malevolent plans.
- Aerith is the best healer in the character roster, especially with the addition of the Fairy Tale staff.
- Her Healing Wind limit break restores HP to the whole party.
- She’s also a decent mage.
A hot-headed, smart-mouthed rebel with a gun for an arm, Barret heads up AVALANCHE operations in Midgar. His life takes an abrupt turn when an enigmatic, spiky-haired mercenary signs on for a job at one of the city’s Mako reactors.
- Barret has a hefty HP pool. If anyone’s going to get hit is should probably be him.
- He is good at putting debuffs on enemies.
A mysterious young man with pointy hair, strange eyes, and the strength to swing really huge sword. He arrives in Midgar with no interest in discussing his past, and seemingly no kind of motivation, unlike most of AVALANCHE.
- Cloud excels as a single-target damage dealer.
- With the right equipment, his lightning damage is not too shabby either.
- He can even heal fairly effectively in a pinch if you have the Crystal Sword, though he’s not as good at it as Aerith.
A brash, undisciplined, but undoubtedly good-hearted member of the SOLDIER team, Glenn is skilled with an axe, but unskilled in his personal finances. He owes Matt a lot of Gil.
- Glenn is a good DPS character who can hit like a truck with the right weapons.
- Good debuffs and AoE potential.
Another SOLDIER operative, Lucia is the straightwoman to Glenn’s nonsense. She’s practical and pragmatic, and while she cares for her squad, she is also eager to get things done.
- Lucia is a solid and versatile damage dealer.
- She can inflict ‘Silence’ on enemies, which prevents magic use.
A well-balanced fighter and skilled member of SOLDIER, Matt puts his intellect to good use and likes to approach things rationally.
- Super versatile character. He has good damage, but can also be an exceptional healer. Will fill more or less whatever party slot you need him for.
This wolf-lion creature is one of the more irregular members of the FF7 cast. His real name is Nanaki, Red being the designation given to him while he was subject to some ethically questionable experimentation by ShinRa.
- A magic-user and regen speciality, Red makes for a decent support unit.
- Excellent water-type damage with the right equipment.
A bar owner and low-key AVALANCHE member in Midgar, Tifa’s personable attitude contrasts against her fierce unarmed attack style. She’s also a childhood friend of Cloud’s, though their stories about those events might differ a little.
- A versatile DPS with both magical and physical damage options.
- Good debuffing potential.
A young man with spiky hair who wields a large heavy swor- wait, did we do this entry twice? Zack is a SOLDIER member with some rather uncanny similarities to Cloud Strife.
- Good main DPS character, good at attacking single targets.
- His strong ‘Zweihander’ weapon is free as part of the pre-registration bonus.