Roughly a little over two years ago, Microsoft mentioned that their popular RTS franchise Age of Empires would be seeing some mobile love soon. Then it all went quiet about the mobile version’s release… that is until now. Age of Empires: World Domination has soft launched onto Android (and iOS) in select countries.
There has been some Age of Empires love since then, but nothing that really felt like an actual RTS game that the franchise is known for. World Domination is more like the actual Age of Empires games most people know and love. In case you aren’t familiar with this series, Age of Empires is an RTS game where you will be building up your kingdom, army, and so on, all while taking on enemy kingdoms, with the goal being to dominate the world.
Age of Empires: World Domination Features:
– Manage your battle resources, deploy your troops and wage war with your opponents on the battlefield – all in real-time!
– Adapt to the tide of battle and respond to your enemies in kind with the best tactics
– Explore the map and lay waste to your enemies hidden in the fog-of-war
– Limitless Empire Customization, create your own empire with structures from history’s greatest civilizations.
– Choose your own progress with fan-favorite Technology Trees available with every empire!
– Recreate historical empires by mastering all technologies of a single empire or…
– Grow your original empire and create the finest army from selection of the world’s greatest civilizations!
– With over 100 legendary heroes to choose from, let your heroes take charge
– Heroes include: Joan of Arc, King Arthur, Oda Nobunaga, Cao Cao, Knut the Great and more!
– Team up your heroes with distinct troop types to create the ultimate battle unit!
– Manage your empire and deploy advanced tactics in battle with simple & intuitive touch gestures
If you’ve been waiting for a real Age of Empires game to arrive, you can finally almost stop waiting. If you’re in the supported regions of course, you can download the game now. The rest of us have to wait until the official launch happens, which there isn’t an exact release date announced for just yet. It’s available for download for free with optional IAPs available.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
Previous Article: Age of Empires for Mobile