DotEmu is another company who is jumping onto Android TV today and out of their catalog they have chosen the Double Dragon Trilogy as their first release for the Nexus Player. To celebrate the game’s launch onto Android TV, DotEmu has discounted the trilogy down to $0.99 for a limited time.
For those of you not familiar with this trilogy, this is basically the Double Dragon franchise of old, revamped with mobile controls and released onto Android. The games specifically in this package are Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone.
Double Dragon Trilogy Android TV Features:
• Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
• Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for Android), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
• Achievements & leaderboards
• Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
• Play with a gamepad thanks to Android TV and Bluetooth function
So now you not only can play the Double Dragon Trilogy on a big screen (fully optimized for it) but you can do so using the Bluetooth controller of your choice. This sale for the Double Dragon Trilogy is only available for a limited time so best to grab it sooner rather then later if you’re planning on buying it.