Epic Pixel has just released their first game onto the Android platform called Grow. This is an underwater themed game where you play as one fish with one goal in mind, eat as many of the little fish as you can. There is a lot of them too but it won’t be as easy as you think thanks to all the big evil fish floating around.
Controls for Grow are all touchscreen as usual, with a D-pad to use to control your fish. As you swim in each stage, you have to eat as many little fish as possible which fills the meter up top. When you make it full, the level is over and depending on your score you’ll get a star rating.
- 64 levels with 7 stunning environments
- 7 endless survival levels with global leader board
- Intuitive on-screen virtual joystick with multi-touch support
- Dynamic fishes and variable sizes offers a different experience every play
- Five unique power-ups with 17 upgrades to unlock
- Six types of enemies with unique behaviors
- Exclusively for Android
Grow is one of the more casual arcade type of games that you’ll play when you have 10-20 minutes of free time here and there. It has some pretty ‘cute’ graphics which, if that isn’t your thing, then you can always focus on the fact you are devouring massive schools of fish instead. As you eat all the fish as fast as you can, you get bigger (temporarily) and your score multiplies. You can pick Grow up off the Android Market for $1.99. Full press release located below after the video.
Developer Website: Epic Pixel
Android Market Link: Grow
Indie developer’s first release: Grow
April 30, 2011 – Epic Pixel’s maiden voyage, Grow, is a beautiful eat ‘em up that is easy to pick up and play. Nick Sha, Epic Pixel’s co-founder said, “With our first release, we wanted to show that Android games can be fun to play, and also have the look and feel of a well polished game.”
In this aquatic adventure, you start off as a tiny egg in a cramped jar, and escape into the open sea. Devour your way through 64 levels and 7 stunning environments to reach the top of the food chain. You’ll encounter dangerous fishes and helpful power-ups to aid you through your journey. Collect coins to upgrade power-ups in the shop, then test your skills in survival mode, where endless hours of replay and online leader board awaits.
* 64 levels with 7 stunning environments * 7 endless survival levels with global leader board * Intuitive on-screen virtual joystick with multi-touch support * Dynamic fishes and variable sizes offers a different experience every play * Five unique power-ups with 17 upgrades to unlock * Six types of enemies with unique behaviors * Exclusively for Android
About Epic Pixel
Epic Pixel was newly founded in 2011. This small indie game studio is made up of two brothers who have left their cushy day jobs at fortune 500 companies to pursue their childhood dreams of making games. The mission at Epic Pixel is simple, make great games and share it with the world.