Clicker RPGs have grown in popularity on mobile devices over the past 8 or so months and if you’re a fan of these types of games, there’s a new one for you to check out called Afterlife. However, this particular game is a hybrid title, meshing clicker style mechanics with collectible card game (CCG) content.
Afterlife has a sort of Mortal Kombat style of backstory to it. Essentially warriors that represent three different factions in life are coming together to battle it out for control. The factions are Light, Darkness, and Nature. You will be taking on the role of a wizard who is trying to participate in this upcoming battle, and in order to do that you must get stronger with your abilities and spells. This is done by finding spell cards and ancient artifacts known as Giftstones.
● You can click, swipe, hold down your finger, use magic cards, and switch battle signs.
● You have the ability to create a truly unique character. You have three main and forty-four secondary attributes available to you for character development.
● You can gather the necessary number of cards for magic rites by finding rare cards with the most powerful spells.
● By collecting spiritual dust, you improve your vital energy, dexterity, and willpower.
● Assemble an optimal combination of the magical artifacts that you find to best suit your own game play strategy.
You’ll need to pick what faction you want to represent at the start, with each one having their own benefits and features. If you don’t feel like following the storyline, you can jump into PvP matches with other players. If you defeat a player, you’ll actually gain their strength, energy, and glory.
For a clicker game, this one has quite a lot of content and features to it. If you’re wanting to grab a copy of Afterlife, you can do so off of Google Play for free and it does come with optional IAPs as well. You can check out the game’s trailer below, as well as additional screenshots.