This is probably a first to happen in mobile gaming, or at least close to it. DeNA has launched a cross-game event between two of their titles on Google Play. Blood Brothers will be invading D.O.T. Defenders of Texel with a special collaboration event called “A Rush of Blood”. So how exactly is this going to work out?
A particular raid boss from Blood Brothers has invaded the 8-bit fantasy action RPG D.O.T. Defenders of Texel starting today. This raid boss will also be a raid boss in D.O.T. Defenders of Texel in this event that starts today and ends June 6th, 2013.
Here are the details you need to know if you plan to participate:
· Content from Blood Brothers is converted into the D.O.T. art style and features:
+ One winning Blood Brothers character from the Facebook fan campaign
+ Six characters: three Raid Bosses and three Hero characters as fighters
· Blood Brothers’ players are awarded with an item if they reach a certain threshold in D.O.T.
· Extension of the Blood Brothers narrative universe in D.O.T.
· The more players that defeat Raid Bosses from Blood Brothers in D.O.T. Defender of Texel, the more rewards players will receive in the Blood Brothers game
· This special event acts as side story to Blood Brothers rather than a completely separate experience
If anything you have to admit this is pretty unique and a good idea DeNA has here. If this goes off as planned, don’t be surprised if more events like this happen with some of their other games. Check out the promo video below as well.
Google Play Links: D.O.T. Defenders of Texel | Blood Brothers