Back in August 2011 we talked about a neat game that would be making it’s way to Android called SQUIDS. Developed by The Game Bakers, SQUIDS is a blend of turn-based tactical strategy gaming with RPG elements mixed into it. The good news is, it is now on the Android Market.
Originally SQUIDS was slated to arrive onto Android near of the end of 2011 so it is a bit late with the release. Still, better late then never right? In SQUIDS you will be commanding a small army of the squishy creatures in order to protect your underwater kingdom from some sort of black ooze that is spreading throughout the underwater world. This ooze is turning normal sea creatures into monsters and contaminating the landscape.
– Grab Squids by the tentacles, then fling them across the battlefield
– A unique mix of turn-based tactics and classic RPG elements
– Recruit a unique team of Squids in four different classes: shooters, scouts, troopers and healers
– Use strategy and skill to win turn-based battles, use the environment to your advantage
– Customize your party with special ability-boosting helmets
– Enjoy an epic story with giant turtle rides and heroic boss battles
– Discover the Squids’ legendary world through gorgeous detailed levels
Graphically, SQUIDS is quite polished with a sort of 3D cartoon style with smooth animations and effects. You can customize your squids with helmets that also boost the abilities of your squids when they are wearing them. Even though the game looks fairly ‘cute’, it is actually quite challenging and should give most people a good run.
If you are up for some turn-based strategy RPG gaming you may want to check this game out. It is available for free off of the Android Market. Besides, like I mentioned in our previous post about this game, who doesn’t like squids?
Developer Website: The Game Bakers
Android Market Link: SQUIDS