Last week we mentioned that TinkerHouse Games would be bringing their hit retro style RPG called Cthulhu Saves The World to mobile on June 28th. Well it may be the 29th today but we won’t hold that against them since we can now play as a crippled naughty little god.
We don’t actually mean physically crippled but poor Cthulhu has had his powers sealed away by some evil sorcerer right when he was about to destroy the world. Now the only way for him to get his powers back is to become a true hero which means saving the world. Once he has done that then he can go back to destroying it.
Cthulhu Saves The World Features:
– Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
– Inflict insanity upon your opponents for fun and profit!
– 6-10 hour quest with unlockable game modes & difficulty levels for increased replay value.
– Highlander mode – XP gains are quadrupled, but only one character can be brought into battle at a time!
– Score Attack mode – Gain points by defeating bosses at the lowest LV possible!
– Overkill – Jump to LV40 in a single battle! Perfect for replays and experimentation!
– Cthulhu’s Angels mode – Remix mode with new playable characters, new dialogue, new bosses, and more!
– All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
While the game is very retro in style and may look like your stand RPG, it actually has some interesting features you don’t usually see. Highlander Mode is a good example of this where it changes up the dynamic of the game, offering a faster way of leveling but at a much greater risk as only one character can enter battles.
Don’t let the fact that Cthulhu Saves The World is a parody and overall humorous game, it has some serious RPG juice to back it up. Regardless if you like H.P. Lovecraft related games or not, if you dig RPG titles then you might want to check out Cthulhu Saves The World. You can download it off of the Google Play store or through our Google Synced catalog for $1.99.
Side Note: It seems some Galaxy S3 owner are having issues with the game. Something to consider if you own an SGS3 and plan on getting this game. We are sure it’ll be fixed quickly though.
Developer Website: TinkerHouse Games
Google Play Link: Cthulhu Saves The World