Good news for everyone who has been waiting to play this great little 3D platformer called Roboto that we’ve been reporting on lately. The developers, FenixFire, have released it today on the Android Market. Xperia Play owners will be happy to know that it comes with support for those controls as well.
The game combines action-platformer gaming with some physics and a touch of gravity reversal just to throw you for a loop while you are playing. Every time you pass through the blue sections of each stage, gravity will reverse and instead you will be running upside down on the top of the level. The goal of the game is to find your mystery robo-girl who will hopefully not reject you once you find her.
- 30 Galvanizing Levels – Explore over 30 unique and challenging levels
- Perplexing Action Puzzles – Master tons of acrobatic platform puzzles
- Super-Powered Weapons – Blast every bad tempered bot that stands in your way
- Power Up System – Boost Roboto’s abilities with powerful upgrades
- Epic Boss Battles – Face off against megalithic mech robots
- Mini Games – Play challenging arcade style unlockable minigames
- Shredding Soundtrack – Killer all original punk rock soundtrack
- OpenFeint – Full leaderboard and achievement support
- XPERIA PLAY Optimized – full feature support for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Roboto looks as good as it plays as well. We won’t get into that too deeply though as we have a full review of Roboto coming later today but needless to say, it’s a great game built with Unity3D. You can pick Roboto up off the Android Market for $2.99 which is an introductory sale price. After August 8th, 2011 though it will go up in price to $4.99. If you plan on getting Roboto, now would be the best time to do so.
Developer Website: Fenix Fire
Android Market Link: Roboto