Unigine Corp got in contact with us this morning to share with us a rather nice hands-on video of their upcoming Oil Rush strategy game that we reported on yesterday which is heading our way next month, at least temporarily for Android devices with Snapdragons S4 chipsets inside them at first. We also now have a full list of features that will be coming with this game as well.
In case you missed yesterday’s article about Oil Rush, this is a port of the PC game created by Unigine Corp. which was made using the company’s 3D game engine called Unigine 3D. It’s got plenty of eye candy and it is a pretty interesting game conceptually where the currency of the world is now oil. You’ll have to build your rigs and gather as much as you can while defending them against enemies intent on taking your rigs.
Here is the full feature list for Oil Rush for Android:
– Breathtaking 3D graphics of superior quality never before available on mobile devices
– Unique and varied environments: the twilit Antarctic, flooded jungles, sunken cities, Asian villages, great canyons, ruined industrial zones, and more
– Massive battles, furious enemies, raging attacks!
– Initially designed with touchscreen controls in mind, Oil Rush for mobile delivers a native gaming experience for both smartphones and tablet devices
– One game, many mission types: capture-’em-all, save-the-hero, tower defense, survival, oil retrieval, rescue, defeat-the-boss, and more
– Strategic depth due to different attack/defense weapons with multi-level upgrade options
– Tech tree with rich array of super technologies, including nukes, napalm, submarines, and convertiplanes
– Campaign more than 8-10 hours long and packed with challenging, story-based missions
– 15 quick game maps for battles with up to three AI opponents
– 18 music tracks delivering unique fusion of heavy industrial groove and electronic ambient/breaks
As you can see in the above video, he game does look rather slick in the visuals department that is for sure. Also we can see that attack and defensive units can be both sea and airborne as well and that the combat can get pretty hectic.
There isn’t a specific date just yet as to when Oil Rush will arrive on Google Play only that it will be in February 2013. We also now know that the game will be exclusive to Snapdragon S4 Android devices for the first 6 months of the game’s release. There is a full list of supported devices at launch on the official website for Oil Rush.
Official Website: Oil Rush Mobile