A new and unique adventure, Tormentum – Dark Sorrow is being crafted for Android amongst other platforms, and the developers are asking for your help via IndieGoGo.
Initially this seems to be your typical point and click adventure game including varying puzzle screens throughout the progression. But that is where the familiar territory ends. The world of Tormentum boasts a ghoulish décor featuring putrid, decaying landscapes and macabre flesh filled hallways for you to navigate throughout this nightmare of a realm. The art style is masterfully hand-crafted, relying on upon twisted and rotten organic architecture that is quite reminiscent to the fine work of H. R. Giger, Zdzislaw Beksinski, Clive Barker’s Hellraiser series, and other artists who aren’t afraid to dabble in the delightfully dreadful.
This title, when completed ought to be a legit, full-scale shamble into a mysterious and warped abyss, harkening back to the golden years of adventure gaming. A special emphasis seems to be placed upon story and even more excitingly, The developers are asking for a mere $9,000 to reach their goal, let’s hope they can fund and continue in creating what looks to be quite an extraordinary adventure.
According to the IndieGoGo listing, the full game is to include:
– Dark adventure from the border of dream and reality
– Outstanding soundtrack with more than 20 tracks
– Unique, hand-drawn illustrations
– 3 lands, differing in terms of architecture, weather, and creatures dwelling in themMoral choices which will have an impact on the game’s end
– Characters with unique personalities, which will help or try to prevent the hero in reaching his goal
– A variety of riddles integrated into the game in a form of different locks, traps, gates, etc.
– Incredible atmosphere
IndieGoGo: Tormentum – Dark Sorrow