If you’ve been on the prowl for a brand new game to play, we’ve got the solution for you: Dear, Ella. This brand new gacha game features a ton of characters to unlock, make a party out of, and power up to take on the most challenging content. Before you get that far though, you’ll need a Dear, Ella tier list to help you decide which characters are the best. That’s exactly what we’re here to help you with.
In this guide, we’re going to rank all of the characters from S tier, the best, to D tier, the worst. You can then use this to determine who you want to focus on unlocking and upgrading. What’s more, we’ll keep it updated as often as new characters arrive, or the development team releases balance patches. That means this is a solid resource to keep an eye on as you progress in the latest gacha.
Dear, Ella Tier List
Now, let’s take a look at where we rank all of the characters.
The award for best characters in the game go to…
- Jin Ryu
Perfect gap-fillers for your party.
- Jukha Ryu
- Yi Nam
You’ll love these during the early game.
- Hyun Jin
- Yeon Bi
Helpful in a bind, but worth swapping out when you can.
Don’t bother with these.
Dear, Ella Tier List FAQ
Now that you know the order of our tier list, we’ll answer questions you probably have.
How do Our Tiers Work?
Our tiers help rank all of the characters from best to worst. That’s pretty clear for S tier and D tier, but what’s the different between A, B, and C? Well, let’s break it down:
- S Tier: These characters are the absolute best in the game, and worth trying to unlock as quickly as possible. They should be staples in your team, and the first in line for character upgrades.
- A Tier: Characters in this tier are great options that can fill gaps in your team when you’re lacking S tiers. They can also take a permanent slot, but just may take more effort in upgrading them.
- B Tier: These characters are great during the early game, when you don’t have the best characters unlocked. You will want to swap them out when you’ve unlocked an A or S though.
- C Tier: In niche circumstances, C tier characters can be useful. Generally though, you’ll want to skip these in favour of better options.
- D Tier: These characters are bad at all points during the game, and you’ll want to avoid using them as much as possible.
How Did We Decide on the Rankings?
We draw from a number of different sources when deciding on our tier lists. Primarily, it’s personal experience though. We play the game until we’ve experienced as much as we can of each character and order it that way.
We also draw from the community – particularly on Reddit where passionate players are very vocal about their favourite, and least favourite, characters. This can factor into our placements.
Finally, we do look at other tier lists to get a general consensus. All three of these help inform our list.
When Do We Update Our Dear, Ella Tier List?
We update this tier list alongside new character introductions and balance changes, as the meta can change quite considerably around these two events.
As such, we do recommend bookmarking this page and checking back often. That way, you’ll always know who the best and worst characters are.