Today is already shaping up to be a pretty good Thursday in terms of game releases for Android. We already have King of Fighters-A 2012 arriving onto Google Play and we now also have 505 Games publishing the rather popular sandbox game Terraria onto Android as well. Technically it actually was released yesterday but that’s alright, we’ll include it in today’s releases instead.
We reported on this game coming to Android back in June and it is good to see that it didn’t take long after the iOS version was released for us to get it as well. For those of you unfamiliar with this game, Terraria is a Minecraft inspired game but is also vastly different from Minecraft as well. While you have your house and can craft over 200 items in this game, there is also a lot more of an action style of gameplay to this title with plenty of monsters and bosses to kill.
– 200+ CRAFTING RECIPES – weapons, armor, potions, and more
– 25+ BLOCK TYPES to build anything you can imagine
– 75+ MONSTERS
– 5 BOSSES
– Over a DOZEN environments to explore
– Dynamic water & lava, day/night cycles
– 10+ NPCs to meet and recruit to your home
– Find and summon the Exclusive Android Pet
– Google Play Game Services leaderboards & achievements
Of course this isn’t just a port of the original game. The controls and everything have been redone for mobile gamers to use. Terraria is currently available as a free download so you can try out the game. Purchasing the full version of Terraria will run you $4.99 through a one-time IAP.
Google Play Link: Terraria