DotEmu has announced today that the company will be bringing the entire Double Dragon trilogy to Android by the end of this year. This means that we will soon be able to play Double Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone on our Android devices when DotEmu launches all of them.
For those of you not familiar with the franchise, the Double Dragon games are side-scrolling brawlers with the first game debuting in 1987 and was instantly a success the moment it hit arcades. You’ll be going up against all the classic bad guys and their gangs using the old school martial arts moves from the original titles.
– Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
– Customizable controls
– Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for mobile games), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
– Achievements & leaderboards Google Play Game Service
– Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
– Co-op mode (two players) via bluetooth
– Gamepad support: compatible with most Android controllers
As with all revamped released from DotEmu, the Double Dragon games will see their share of improvements and extra content such as new difficulty levels, new stages and even a new soundtrack. All three games will also come with controller support as well which should make a lot of you happy.
So when will we be able to get all three games? Right now there is just a general ‘end of the year’ release time frame. When a more specific release date is announced, along with pricing, we’ll be sure to post an update.
Developer Website: DotEmu