Awhile ago we talked about Fox Entertainment and Angry Mob Games teaming up to bring an Aliens vs Predator game to Android called Aliens vs Predator: Evolution. Since then the two companies actually released a Predator only themed game, appropriately called Predators, onto Google Play. Now they are back to showing off their upcoming Aliens vs Predator game.
This particular game is being built using the Unity3D engine just like the the Predators game so you can expect to see some pretty solid eye candy in this game. The interesting part about this game is that you will be switching between playing as an Alien and as a Predator, following each one and their perspective of the story as it unfolds. That is, of course, while button mashing like crazy as you hack up everything in sight.
AVP: Evolution Features:
– Play as an Alien & Predator: Two distinctive gaming experiences, incorporating unique characters with numerous abilities
– Rich Sci-Fi Universe: A gripping campaign draws players deeper into the world of AVP: EVOLUTION
– 5 Unique Environments & 24 Levels: Kill or be killed as you advance through the Temple Arena, the Marine Base, the Alien Hive, and more!
– A Proven Developer: Angry Mob Games has a proven track record developing popular titles like Guerrilla Bob, Muffin Knight and PREDATORS
– Upgradeable Characters: Create your own ultimate killing machine with character upgrades and enhanced abilities
– Unity Graphics Engine: Rich detail, advanced character models and distinctive lighting makes AVP: EVOLUTION a showcase title for new Android phones & tablets
In the true style of all the blood and guts that will most likely be flying around in this game, there will actually be ‘finishing moves’ that you will be able to let loose for that extra bit of bloody goodness while you’re hacking everything up. Also, as you progress through the game, you will be able to unlock some new abilities as well such as the Predator’s camouflage or, in dark areas, switch to night vision and sneak up on an enemy before gutting them.
While originally slated for release this year, AVP: Evolution has been delayed and is now slated for release in Q1 of 2013. As of right now there is now word just yet on pricing. Hopefully it won’t be delayed any further then it already has been.
Developer Website: Angry Mob Games