Our dot eating overload Pac-Man has been reborn by Namco Bandai into a new game now available on the Android Market called Pac-Chomp!. This particular game is actually a match-3 puzzle title where you need to match three or more of the same colored ghost to eliminate them. That isn’t all though.
While Pac-Chomp! at its core is a match-3 puzzle game, Namco Bandai did include some of the Pac-Man game mechanics into it to make a bit of a hybrid puzzle game. You can rotate the playing field to help match up three or more of the same ghosts as well as moving Pac-Man around the board. He can also eat various power up pellets like the Power Pellet which will turn all the ghosts blue just like in the actual Pac-Man games.
– NORMAL MODE: In NORMAL mode eliminate pesky GHOSTS to fill up the time gauge and clear each level.
– HARD CORE MODE: In HARD CORE mode the gauge empties faster than NORMAL mode, resulting in an action-packed race against time.
– SCRAMBLE MODE: In SCRAMBLE mode rush frantically to build up your score as high as possible within the time limit!
– Match 3 or more GHOSTS of the same color to make them disappear.
– Match 4 GHOSTS to make an item appear, or 5 GHOSTS to make a POWER PELLET appear.
– A bonus stage is triggered when PAC-MAN gobbles up a POWER PELLET.
– Eliminate several sets of GHOSTS in a row to score combos.
– You can use the ROTATE button at the bottom of the screen to rotate a 5 x 5 area 90 degrees to the right.
This game is an interesting puzzle game since it combines some of the classic Pac-Man mechanics and ideas into a match-3 puzzle game. For those of you who are Pac-Man fans, this might be a welcomed addition to the franchise while people who enjoy match-3 puzzle games have another titles to work their way through.
If you are interested in trying this game out, you can do so by hitting up the link below and grabbing Pac-Chomp! off of the Android Market for free. The full version is available to buy through an in-app purchase.
Thanks to Roger Lyons for the heads up!
Android Market Link: Pac-Chomp!