Headup Games has a pretty good track record for releasing games that are fun to play The latest game to arrive in the Play Store, is Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic. In what has to be one of the most strangely captivating three minute trailers that I have seen in a while, the creators of the game (Bitfather) describe the process for their new radical retro RPG.
If you enjoy playing old-school RPG type games, then Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic may just be what you are looking for. So far, based on a few reviews in the Play Store, the game is being well received by players. The game is also available to play on PC via Steam download. So what exactly is Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic about?
“Enter the world of Pixel Heroes and prepare yourself for a thrilling RPG/Roguelike experience like you have never seen before! Explore a randomized world full of hilarious events, deadly dungeons and the weirdest NPC’s you will ever meet in a game! Choose three heroes for your party and take them on a journey that will be completely different each time you start a new game. Bathe in a pool of procedurally generated loot and defeat the evil forces that threaten the township of Pixton!” – HeadUp Games
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic Features:
- Thirty unique hero classes to unlock, each with individual skills and attributes.
- More procedurally generated axes, spears, maces, swords, shields, bows, crossbows, spells and prayers than a llama has hair on its body.
- Thirteen mystic and beautifully cruel dungeons to explore. Epic boss fights waiting.
- Three campaigns to unlock, each with its own final dungeon boss.
- Permadeath! You know you want it.
- A detailed graveyard where you can mourn your dead heroes, compare their statistics and see which of their choices led to their tragic death.
- Completely crazy NPC’s, each one of them with a significant story line that you can follow to unlock cool stuff!
- Tons of random events that you will encounter on your way, expecting you to make important choices. Will you yell at the cat like a crazy idiot?
- Many achievements and unlockables.
At first glance, Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic brings up memories of the good old days of gaming. It seems Bitfather and HeadUp Games have created a game that most classic RPG/dungeon crawlers will enjoy for quite a while. The game is available to download for $6.99 and does not include any in-app purchases. Check out the trailer and let us know what you think of it. Does it inspire you to download the game? Or, are the retro graphics, promise of unique game play, and no in-app purchases enough to make you hit the download button rapidly?
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywzEfHUjOQ
Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.headupgames.pixelheroes