PopCap released Plants vs Zombies 2 onto iOS awhile ago and since then we Android gamers have been waiting patiently for the game to actually arrive onto Google Play as well. In that period of time there was even rumors regarding the fact that Apple paid EA/PopCap to keep Plants vs Zombies 2 an iOS exclusive for a long period of time such as six months. This started because of a leaked statement during a meeting with PopCap where something was taken out of context (according to PopCap) which lead to people believing this happened. Whether that is true or not remains a mystery but it doesn’t matter now though since the game is now available on Google Play.
As a sequel to the highly popular first game, Plants vs Zombies 2 expands a lot from what the original game offered while retaining the gameplay that made the original game so popular in the first place. Coming out of a soft launch in China recently, you’ll be handling all the different types of plants that you will need to utilize in order to stop the waves of zombies that come at you.
Plants vs Zombies 2 Features:
• Meet powerful new plants that will defend your lawn through time
• Go toe-to-missing-toe with dozens of new zombies
• Supercharge your floral friends with healthy doses of Plant Food
• Fire up amazing Finger Powers to pinch, flick and zap zombies
• Defeat brain-teasing challenges that will test your zombie-zapping skills
• Take on zombies from all worlds in the Piñata Party mini-game and win prizes
• Gather keys to play valuable side missions
• Collect coins to purchase potent power-ups
• Earn stars to take you to new worlds
• Connect to Game Services to unlock achievements and compete against friends on the leaderboards
• Look out! Zombie chickens!
There are new types of plants and new types of zombies to deal with in this sequel as well as new areas to defend against the zombies. There are even new mini-games included in Plants vs Zombies 2 to play around with. This game is a little more interactive as well with the addition of Finger Powers which will have you pinching and flicking zombies to help your plants out.
Plants vs Zombies 2 is available off of Google Play for download for free and it does include IAPs as well. For those of you who follow our Google+ and Facebook accounts, we posted the ilnks to both version of the game yesterday when it actually released. If you missed those then just hit up the links below to pick up the version of the game you need.
Form Discussion: PvZ 2 thread