Seabeard is a colorful adventure game that is created by London-based independent game developer Hand Circus, and published by Backflip Studios. The game was released some time ago for iOS, and garnered great reviews from gamers and media outlets. Android users have been waiting for the game to arrive, and now we know the release date, which is May 14th.
[UPDATE: May 13th, 2015 – 9:08 AM, PST] It looks like Backflip Studios has a surprise for us today. We expected Seabeard to arrive on the 14th, but the game is now available in the Google Play Store. If you have been waiting for an adventure upon the high seas, you are now able to download Seabeard for free. The game does include in-app purchases, should you choose to take advantage of them. The link to download the game is at the end of this article.
Sometimes you come across games that exhibit a great deal of charm and whimsy in their art style. Seabeard exudes that charm, and you instantly want to jump into the game world and start playing. The fun is right around the corner, as Seabeard will be released in the Google Play Store next Thursday, May 14th. Since the game has been out on iOS for a while, Android gamers will have the benefit of playing a game that has been thoroughly tested, and it should arrive in ship-shape condition. Speaking of ships, you will have the opportunity to sail one as you visit various locales in the game.
Follow in the footsteps of he great captain Seabeard and explore a giant ocean teeming with islands to explore!
- A world in your pocket – Discover a rich, charming world that you can jump into anytime, anywhere. The oceans of Seabeard are filled with surprises around every corner.
- Make new friends – Meet Doza, Yorubu and Nook tribes and the fascinating characters that inhabit Seabeard’s villages, farms, holiday resorts and dungeons. The quest generation system will ensure that there is always a villager in need of your help.
- Recruit an expert crew – Engage in a huge variety of activities: from sailing and fishing to combat and cookery. Build your team from a one-man band to a crew of legend!
- Revive your trading empire – Set sail to discover lucrative trading routes and source rare and valuable items. Rebuild the legendary trading capital, Accordia and hire the finest market traders.
- Conquer the seas – Set sail to encounter the challenges of the ocean, from feeding whales and rescuing shipwrecked passengers to battling with menacing sea monster.
Seabeard will arrive next week. We will update this article, once it becomes available in the Play Store. The iOS version is free to play. We expect the Android version will be too.
Seabeard via Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backflipstudios.seabeard
Seabeard Trailer: https://youtu.be/qtvJ9vEVIpk
Source: Pocketgamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Seabeard/news.asp?c=65264