Be jealous of current Xperia Play owners right now. Go on, we will wait for you to let it build up inside. For those of you who are Dungeon Defenders fans, Second Wave is now available on the Android Market but only for the Xperia Play right now. The sequel to the first Dungeon Defenders is still powered by our friend, Unreal Engine.
Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave expands on the first one offering a new set of levels and challenges in both Campaign & Challenge game modes. You can either play with other people or compete in PvP gaming but with the benefit of the Xperia Play controls at your disposal. If you haven’t played either, Dungeon Defenders blends Action-RPG and Tower Defense gaming, wrapped in online multiplayer goodness and great 3D graphics.
- Specifically Designed for your Xperia PLAY! Utilizes both touch and gamepad-based controls, customized user interface, and enhanced graphics effects.
- Strategic Defense Meets Online Action-RPG – Choose your class, customize your hero & equipment, assemble your defenses, & participate in action-packed battle to preserve your castle against the invading horde! Each Hero class has a unique balance & set of weapons, towers, & abilities, for a different style of gameplay.
- Drop-In/Drop-Out Multiplayer – Team-up with friends online to defend cooperatively, with hero classes that support each other’s strengths & weaknesses.
- Prove your legend by battling in the Player-vs-Player competitive Arenas!
- Loot & Level-Up – Grab the mounds of money & items that your defeated foes drop, sell them or store them for later use in your Item Box! Getting Kills & Winning Waves earns you XP, which can be used to upgrade each statistic of your character, your skills, your equipment, & your Towers.
- Hordes of monsters & massive Bosses – Armies will attempt to tear through your defenses. Only by employing the most effective strategies, teamwork, & strong heroes can you defeat such devilish foes! Variety of creatures, Goblins, Orcs, Dark Elf Archers, explosive Kobolds, & many more. Unique bosses provide epic battles, taking relentless teamwork to defeat!
- Fight your way up through the Castle! – Each level has a different setting, layout, enemies, traps, & distinct surprises. Four difficulty settings, which adjust rarity of loot earned. Cinemas tell the tale throughout the Campaign. Survival Mode throws infinite waves of enemies until the heroes fall. Challenge Mode allows teams to tackle any mission with uniquely altered rules!
- A Mountain of Stats – Pore over your session reports to analyze team performance.
- Buy & sell items & services at the shops!
If you loved the first one and happen to have an Xperia Play then it is not even a question on whether to get this sequel. For those of you who, such as myself, don’t have an Xperia Play yet, you’ll have to wait till you get one to play this or for the non-Xperia Play version to be released. You can grab Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave off the Android Market right now for $9.99. Definitely worth it considering the endless replay value this game comes with.
Perhaps it is time for me to get an Xperia Play from Europe.
Developer Website: Trendy Entertainment
Official Website: Dungeon Defenders
Market Link: Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave