The wait is almost over for HTC Sensation 4G owners on T-Mobile. The carrier has confirmed that Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 3.6 will be pushed to the Sensation 4G starting on May 16. A previous report suggested the update would not arrive until June. It appears as if the HTC Amaze 4G will receive its ICS update around that time instead.
The Sensation 4G Android 4.0.3 update will be pushed out over-the-air just like previous Android software updates. This update is also completely optional. If for some reason you’d rather stick with Gingerbread, T-Mobile will not force you to update. Your device also has to be root-free in order to receive the official update. Then again, if you are rooted, chances are you’ve been running a version of this software for quite some time.
Below you’ll find the full changelog for the Sensation 4G ICS update.
New Features Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich):
– Sense 3.6 System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
– Re-sizable widgets
– Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
– Data usage controls.
– Face Unlock Home screen folders
– Improved battery life
– Note: HTC Sensation 4G will be required to add Wi-Fi Mobile Hotspot feature in order to use the service after completing this update.
– Improved text input and spell checking
– Improved menu structure