Paradox Interactive has announced that they will be bringing Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet to Android tablets in the near future. This top-down RPG will be undergoing a bit of a change from its PC brethren though in terms of the visuals that will come with this new mobile version. Even though the game’s visuals will be of a cartoon style instead of the 3D nature the PC version has, the core game mechanics will remain the same.
Magicka will feature the same unique element-combining spell-casting system, the twisted humor and for the fashion conscience players there will be robes of every imaginable color and hue. In terms of gameplay, this game has players take on the role of a wizard with the sole purpose of taking down anything and everything that is evil. Traveling doesn’t have to be done alone though and you will be grouping up with up to three additional players or friends.
– Spellbinding Spellcasting: Combine elements to create thousands of spell combinations
– Original Story: All-new campaign for single or multiplayer
– Sizzling Tablet-on-Tablet Action: Cross-platform co-op between iOS and Android
– A Good Excuse to Trim your Friends List: 4-player mayhem with many “accidental” team-kills
– Fat Loot on Thin Screens: New items and powers unique to both iOS and Android.
– Semi-appropriate Humor: Spend hours touching a representation of yourself
Since you will be grouping up with other people, Magicka will feature cross-platform multiplayer between the iOS and Android versions of this game. You and your companions will be traveling in a side-scrolling Action-RPG fashion instead of the PC version’s top-down multi-directional form of traveling.
As for when Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet will arrive, apparently it will be arriving sometime in the next few weeks. Until them we have a snazzy live action trailer to check out and tide us over till the game’s release.
Official Website: Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet