Back in March of this year we reported on Sony announcing that their Playstation Mobile services would be closing their doors forever in July. Well it is now July and tomorrow marks the day where you won’t be able to buy any more games off of Playstatioin Mobile. Then in September 2015, in-app purchases and the ability to re-download purchased games will also cease, officially closing Playstation Mobile for good.
If you plan to buy any games, now would be the time to do it, since today is the last day. After tomorrow you will still be able to purchase IAPs in the games you have as well as re-download should you uninstall them or get a new device. That, however, will only be available till September. There is a bit of good news though and that is any game you have purchased off of Playstation Mobile will still be playable after the September closure. If you uninstall it after that point, you don’t be able to re-download it so be sure to make back-ups.
Here are the steps you need to do in order to get games and be able to play them after today and September:
Consumers will still be able to access and play the PSM content they have purchased, after September 10, 2015, by activating their devices*2 using the instructions below. Your device must be connected to the Internet in order to activate your device. Previously, content was automatically authenticated whenever the device connected to the Internet, but this will not happen after September 10, 2015.
Steps on activating your device:
– For PS Vita users: You will need to complete the device activation process by performing the steps below between March 10, 2015, and September 10, 2015:
– Go to [Settings] > [PSN℠] > [System Activation] > [PlayStation Mobile] > [Activate] > [OK].
– For PlayStation®Certified device users: You will need to open up the PSM app and launch any purchased PSM content between April 10, 2015 and September 10, 2015*3 to complete the content authentication process.
– Please ensure that you have downloaded all of the games that you want to keep. After September 10, 2015, you will not be able to re-download your purchased content.
– Devices that are not authenticated prior to September 10, 2015 will be unable to access previously purchased PSM content after that date.
So there you have it, today is the last day for game purchasing off of Playstation Mobile. So if you want any of the games off of there, today is the only day left to grab them.
Related Article: Sony Playstation Mobile Closing