For today only, Lara Croft GO will be on sale. In this game players will assume the role of the eponymous Lara Croft, which in case you didn’t know is the main character from the Tomb Raider series. Unlike that series though, which is action adventure and played in a 3D environment, this entry into the GO franchise takes Lara in a different direction.
In Lara Croft GO, players will look to solve a variety of puzzles from a three-quarters perspective, as they look to guide Lara through the jungle on her quest to discover the truth behind the myth of the Queen of Venom. Having a puzzle focus, the game utilizes swipe controls, as opposed to something more in line with the series. The game is five chapters long, with more than 75 puzzles split up between them. Players will encounter the ruins of an ancient civilization, collect relics, as well as deadly hazards encountered along the way.
Lara Croft GO Features:
• Experience lush visuals and a captivating soundtrack
• Navigate using simple swipe-to-move controls
• Fight menacing enemies, overcome dangerous obstacles and escape deadly traps
• Solve more than 75 puzzles split into 5 chapters
• Collect ancient relics and unlock new outfits for Lara
Lara Croft GO normally runs $4.99, but the price has been slashed to $1.99 for a short window, ending at some point tomorrow.