Dinofarm Games originally released their turn-based strategy game Auro onto Android back in November of 2014 and since then the game has done pretty decently for itself. It’s a pretty fun game and now the developers want to finish up the expansion for it, which will bring a slew of new content with it as well as a new story-based campaign mode to play through.
For those of you not familiar with this game, Auro is a turn-based strategy game that blends a little bit of dungeon crawling with tacitcal-style gameplay, all set on a board game type of playing area. The game also introduced a new style of tactical gameplay called Bumping Tactics. This is the strategic use of movement, magic spells, and straight-up bumping to kill monsters and gain points.
Auro has both single-player campaign/story mode to play through as well as a competitive single-player mode. This competitive mode emulates an online matchmaking style of gameplay but as a single-player feature instead of multiplayer. You will gain rank over time by winning matches but against AI opponents. There is a lot of complexity to the gameplay as well, or it can be as simple as you want to make it. It is all based on how you use your characters and abilities.
The Kickstarter campaign is for what Dinofarms is called the Auro Quest Expansion. This will add an entirely new campaign mode to play through called Quest Mode, new monsters, new spells, monster upgrades, and a bunch of other goodies. Quest Mode is basically playing Auro as a full RPG almost, all wile retaining the turn-based tactical gameplay. Essentially it makes the game a tactical RPG.
Preview of world layout in Quest Expansion
Quest Expansion Features:
– Quest Mode: Quest Mode is kind of like an “Auro RPG”, wherein you can explore the underworld, find hidden treasures, learn about character backstories, uncover secrets, and much more – all while embracing what’s great about Auro’s core gameplay.
– New monsters: We’ve got at least two new and exciting monsters we want to add to the game for Play Mode, and potentially a few more for Quest Mode too.
– New spells: We also want to expand the player’s arsenal in both modes. And for Quest Mode, we plan to add a whole bunch of zany, powerful spells.
– Monster Upgrade: The monsters in Auro are varied and interesting, but we have a few big upgrade/overhauls for a few of the monsters that we’d love to do.
– Other Goodies: There’s a ton of stuff we’ve always wanted to do for Auro but just haven’t had the time or resources. Stuff like leaderboards, social features, unlockables, playable characters, and way more.
As for when the expansion will launch, there is no exact release date right now since it is still being worked on. Dinofarm Games is looking for $32,000 in funding to get the job done. Some of the stretch goals look fun as well so an overly successful Kickstarter campaign isn’t a bad thing. If you’re interested in checking out Auro, it can be downloaded off of Google Play for $2.99 and does not contain any IAPs.
Kickstarter Campaign: Auro Quest Expansion
Related Article: Auro launches on Google Play