A new tactical/strategy RPG is heading our way soon from Bulwark Studios and Kasedo Games called Crowntakers. Currently this game is in the final stages of development and judging from the preview trailer that was just released for Crowntakers, this looks like it could be quite the fun strategy RPG title.
Crowntakers features a board game style of play, with the environments laid out with a hexagonal pattern to it. This also means that everything from movement to combat is turn-based which also means you will have to plan out your actions a little more carefully. One feature that players should like a lot is the fact that the environments and enemies are procedurally-generated. Every time you play the game it will be different which definitely increases Crowntakers‘ replay value.
– Turn-based strategy meets RPG in a beautifully created fantasy world
– On every game start the world is rebuilt with different environments and encounters; encouraging players to try different strategies
– More than 8 diverse and procedural environments ranging from mountain passes to shadowy castles
– Hire 9 individual mercenaries to take on bandits, wildlife and malevolent knights on a hexagonal battlefield. Utilise the unique class skills of the archer, wizard, scout and others
– Gather resources, level-up your companions, collect mighty equipment and craft helpful potions to survive until your quest is complete
– Alternative endings: will you save the king before time runs out?
Of course there are all the features included in this game as you would hope to find in a good turn-based strategy RPG title. This means you’ll be leveling up your characters, learning new abilities and spells, getting better gear along the way, and even the ability to hire new allies to help you out. There is also a crafting system so you can make better items which is usually very helpful, especially when you can’t find an upgrade for a particular piece of equipment. Crowntakersalso features alternative endings that you can unlock depending on your choices throughout the game.
Right now Crowntakers is slated for release sometime this year but there is no exact release date or price for this game as of yet. We will post an update once this information is announced. Until then, enjoy the preview trailer.
Official Website: Kasedo Games