There’s a new life management sim heading to Android in the coming week called Crap! I’m Broke!. As you can probably tell by the name of the game, this is a comedic/humorous game about trying to manage your own life and failing to do so quite easily. Of, and you need to watch out for death as well.
Update: October 11th, 2016 12:48pm PST: For those of you who have been waiting to check this game out, you can now pick up a copy of Crap! I’m Broke! off of Google Play. You can do this using the new link at the bottom of this article.
This game is set in a Cubist-inspired world where you must take to the streets in search of work, so not too unlike real life. On your own for the first time, you will begin your career as a human statue, club bouncer, or any other odd job you stumble upon. Whatever the job is, it really doesn’t matter, it can be anything, as long as you can avoid eviction and keep starvation at bay. You will be keeping an eye out for “Help Wanted” signs while making your way through your town.
The goal is to get as rich as possible without doing too much work. You will need to keep an eye on the countdown timer and hunger meters. Forgetting to pay your bills on time will get you evicted. Of course not saving enough money for food will cause you to die of starvation. However, if you are responsible enough by doing things like paying your bills before the due date, you will unlock special micro-games that you can play any time you want. If you complete special “Employee of the Month” challenges, you can also earn extra bonuses after every successful job.
Crap! I’m Broke! Features:
– Enjoy a Cubist-inspired game world and a jazzy soundtrack by underground musician Kimono.
– Pursue a variety of careers as dishwasher, human statue, bouncer … and many more!
– Play fun mini-game jobs and do whatever it takes to pay those bills.
– Use your newfound disposable income to buy items, unlock perks, and earn new jobs, spending as wisely or as recklessly as you see fit.
– Save spare time between levels and unlock micro-games.
– Choose and accomplish New Year’s resolutions and collect lifetime memories.
– Be a Good Samaritan and reap rewards or misbehave and be met with bad luck with an in-game karma system.
– Buy items at the in-game webshop that may grant you perks and access to new areas.
Random events will take place throughout the game, raising the cost of your bills at the end of the month. You can also earn lifetime achievements and buy new items to unlock higher-paying jobs. In an interesting move, you can eventually sell achievements and items on particularly tough months. If you keep doing good deeds and regularly complete challenges, give to charity, and so on, you’ll be rewarded with good luck through the game’s karma system. This will increase your chances at winning lottery tickets, receiving gifts in the mail, and more. Doing bad will reward you with the opposite.
For those of you looking to try this game out and see how well you deal with real life in a game, you will be able to pick up a copy of Crap! I’m Broke! off of Google Play on October 11th, 2016. It’ll cost you a flat $1.99 and there won’t be any IAPs or additional DLC content to download. You can also check out the game’s trailer below.