Wayward Souls is a dungeon crawler/RPG by Noodlecake Studios. It has a few interesting features that are noteworthy. It has a bit of a rogue -like influence as the game uses “procedurally generated random levels”, or in other words its levels are randomly generated.
There is also perma-death, upgradable equipment, several different heroes to choose from, a high level of difficulty, and most importantly…hats.
Wayward Souls Features:
– Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
– Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
– 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
– Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
– Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
– No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
– Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on Android, maybe anywhere.
As mentioned in the title, the game can be had for the sale price of $1.99. There are no IAPs to be found, but there is high replay value.