Back in the beginning of February we talked about Paradox Interactive and that they would be bringing their Magicka franchise to Android. While it won’t be exactly like its PC counterpart, that only applies to the visuals of Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet. The rest of the game will feature all of the humor and core game mechanics as the PC version.
Magicka will feature the same unique element-combining spell-casting system, the twisted humor and for the fashion conscience players, there will be robes of every imaginable color and hue. Players will take on the role of a wizard with the sole purpose of taking down anything and everything that is evil. Traveling doesn’t have to be done alone though and you will be grouping up with up to three additional players or friends.
– Spellbinding Spellcasting: Combine elements to create thousands of spell combinations
– Original Story: All-new campaign for single or multiplayer
– Sizzling Tablet-on-Tablet Action: Cross-platform co-op between iOS and Android
– A Good Excuse to Trim your Friends List: 4-player mayhem with many “accidental” team-kills
– Fat Loot on Thin Screens: New items and powers unique to both iOS and Android.
– Semi-appropriate Humor: Spend hours touching a representation of yourself
The combining of elements (seven in total) to cast spells offers up an interesting mechanic and a rather large variety of spells to cast. Also, Instead of the isometric viewpoint the PC game, this one is a side-scroller with 2D visuals that are a bit more on the cartoon side, not that its a bad thing or anything.
For those of you who have been waiting for this game since we talked about it last, you’ll be able to bring the elemental beat down to all things evil beginning sometime tomorrow once that game is release onto Android. It’ll cost you $1.99 to feel like a bad ass wizard.
Website Referenced: PocketGamer